A word of courage
Depression is a mental state of low mood and aversion to activity. Classified medically as a mental and behavioral disorder, the experience of depression affects a person’s thoughts, behavior, motivation, feelings, and sense of well-being. ( Cited from Wikipedia, www.wikipedia.org)
Many people are depressed due to what revolves around them. In this portion of article, I want to address the issue of male depression. I am driven to write this due to how Amukelani De Author and Khalanga Noel Jim Mathebula are so focused on this issue.
Myriad people are suffering from this mental low mood and are silent about it. Usually, this resulted in areas of our lives such as immediate family conflicts which are not resolved, relationships, financial struggles, low self-esteem, bullying and any other factor you may think of.
Depressed people are often victims of taking their lives. This being caused by not having people to share their argonies with or Sharon’s it with wimps who makes fun of them. Some, are shy or afraid to share due to the attitude people have on their struggles. Thus, they end up dying with emotional defect of freedom to be joyful.
How then shall we be healed from depression if it hit us hard?
- Seek wise council from those with experience and are people’s person’s
- Do not share with anyone who is lazy to think hard
- Minimize and avoid people who will emotionally add fuel to your state of mind. Do what you love the most. Avoid being sole always, associate with people who will encourage you
- Exercise a lot
- Eat healthy
- Be positive in your thinking, use your situation as a courage. Let it not draw you down to life sentence of sadness
- Remember that whatever you go through, is not a new thing, many have walk that path
- Thank God and pray for his healing
- Have self control, do not allow anger to lead you
The list can go on and on, but what I mentioned above have been a cure to some folks I know of.
Man, we all may be depressed, however do not respond to such a depression by meditating on what will take away your joy
Remember that we all live with the purpose of pursuit of joy.
Learn to speak out and spend your time doing what you love the most. Negative mindset will destroy your sympathy and your attitude of living.
I Cheer on you, be strong and resolve to persuade the joy of dwelling in this corrupt society.
Written by Sydwell Mthombeni
Published by Phillimon sefake
please do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!